26 Mar SKILLED LABOURERS
As a labourer you will be supporting our construction projects on the ground. This will involve preparing worksites, moving materials, using hand and power tools, and supporting the project’s site supervisor however you can. The more skilled you are, the more challenging your work will be and the more likely it is you will take the lead.
In all cases, we will train and coach you to become more skilled with time. The right mix of character, experience and teachability is what will make you the right fit.
These are the attributes and values we are looking for:
- A team player.
- An honest, reliable person.
- Someone who has a healthy drive for work and looks to grow and improve
- A courteous person who values wellness – health, safety, security, positivity and the general wellbeing of all.
This is a full-time position, with a starting hourly rate of $18-$32/hour, commensurate with ability and experience.
- Embody the values and attributes that our organization is built on and be motivated to contribute to our mission.
- Experience working in civil, landscape, utilities, or infrastructure construction.
- Experience using basic hand and power tools (shovels, chainsaws, cut off saws, jackhammers, etc.).
- Experience working with concrete, sewer, interlock, or retaining walls.
- Experience operating a skidsteer.
- Experience operating an excavator is an asset.
- Experience working with and around heavy equipment.
- Able to perform basic layout and surveying.
- Verbal communication skills, and experience working in a team.
- Previous health and safety and/or first aid training is an asset.
- Physically fit.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Able to provide a driver’s license and abstract prior to interview.
Send us your resume and a summary of how you meet these requirements by using the ‘Apply Now’ link below.