As a heavy equipment operator, you’ll be spending most of your time working with a variety of heavy machinery, primarily excavators but also including bulldozers, loaders, skidsteers and rollers, while making sure that the machines are in good working order. There will be many different tasks from day to day, so we need someone who’s competent and willing to learn new skills. We also want someone who can work independently and can take initiative when there are unexpected challenges.
These are the attributes and values we are looking for:
- A team player.
- An honest, reliable person.
- Someone who has a healthy drive for work and looks to grow and improve
- A courteous person who values wellness – health, safety, security, positivity and the general wellbeing of all.
This is a full-time position, with a starting hourly rate of $20-$34/hour, commensurate with ability and experience.
Working With Us
We take health and safety seriously. That’s why we expect all our employees to prioritize a safe work environment, and why we provide additional training to make sure everyone stays safe. We’re also a family-owned company that places a great deal of value in honest communication and family security. So while we do often have a brief seasonal layout (from January thru March), lay-offs are kept to a minimum, and we will always let you know if we’re bringing you back. We’re not afraid to celebrate our success either: we have a great group of employees, and we like to reward them with parties, bonuses, and fun events (like golf tournaments!) for all their hard work.
- Embody the values and attributes that our organization is built on and be motivated to contribute to our mission.
- Experience working as a heavy equipment operator in civil, landscape, earthworks or infrastructure construction.
- Experience operating heavy equipment, primarily excavators and bulldozers.
- Previous health and safety training an asset, and a strong commitment towards health and safety in the workplace.
- Verbal communication skills, and experience working in a team.
- Previous health and safety and/or first aid training is an asset.
- Physically fit.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Able to provide a driver’s license and abstract prior to interview.
Send us your resume and a summary of how you meet these requirements by using the ‘Apply Now’ link below.